I VOTED. 🗳
Hi Fam, Megan here.
For those of you who don't know me, I'm the co-founder/co-owner/wizard of PR and marketing. It's a big week this week, and as small business owners, my sister Mikaela and I have been talking a lot about how the election will impact us.
I was psyched to cast my vote for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris last week. Obviously, this election is personal.
- I voted for all my friends and family who have insurance because of the Affordable Care Act.
- I voted for my black friends, and BIPOC friends, who have to live with systemic racism. White supremacy must NOT be condoned.
- I voted for my parents…my mother who is a nurse midwife and continues to care for her patients throughout this pandemic despite the fact that she is over 60, and my father, who is over 70 and falls into a high risk category.
- I voted for my friends and family members who are out of jobs and suffering due to this global pandemic that has not been taken seriously or managed effectively by the Oval Office.
- I voted for my mentor and great friend who has stage 4 lung cancer and therefore a compromised immune system. For those suffering from not only illness but also frightened to leave their homes in fear that a simple trip to the store could mean life or death.
- I voted for the environment…for the sport of alpine ski racing that I love so much and has been such an integral part of my life, as I’ve witnessed glaciers recede and the winter season shrink over the last several years.
- I voted for all who own small businesses and are struggling right now...for my sister and I, who fear what will happen to our small business if Donald Trump is reelected. We have these conversations weekly, even daily. We are scared.
- I voted for my LGBTQ+ friends. Love is love.
- I voted for women, and the right to choose what we do with our bodies.
- Last but not least, I voted for my European friends and family, who are watching and waiting to see how we—as one of the most powerful nations in the world—react to everything that has happened in our extremely divided country...our nation has become an embarrassment on a global level with a bully at the helm.
I voted for science, unity, social justice, the climate, and so so so much more.
I voted because our future depends on it. We deserve better. We deserve a leader.
Black Lives Matter.
If you're still in the market for some amazing VOTE merch, check out our stuff, by our designer Maggie Fowler.
Participation in the 2020 election is more important than ever, so Mags made this doodle to better illustrate and aid what exactly we’re fighting (VOTING) for. Grab your VOTE gear to show the world what you're fighting for...